Saturday, March 10, 2012

Flower Pots Part 2

Hello Again,
Sorry it's been busy in my house lately and I didn't have a chance to update on how my flower pot centerpieces turned out.

At first, I was going to wrap the fabric around the pots but when I cut the fabric to size, it didn't have enough pull to it and left the fabric sideways. So next I cut strips of fabric and tried to glue it on the plastic covering but you could see the line of the glue. Next I pulled out Mod Podge and and painted the side of the plastic pot and wrapped the fabric around it. It took two strips of fabric but I got them to line up pretty well. I left the bottom part uncovered so the plants could still be watered. I also tied ribbon around the outside.

At the party, I also added a pinwheel in the plants.  Here are some pics of the flower pots and there progess. :) The last 2 pics are from the Eagle Scout event. (Stay tuned for more pics from the event, hopefully in my next blog.)




No comments:

Post a Comment