Saturday, March 17, 2012

Oreo Truffles for St. Patty's Day


I wanted to take a stab at Truffles. (I've also heard them called cake or cookie balls) I'm going to a St. Patricks Day dinner tonight so I thought now would be a great opportunity. My sister made them last month for our Oscar's Party and she said they were really simple. And they were soooooo yummy!

 Warning: It took alot of starting to blend, stopping to scrap it out and repeat, in order to get it all blended.

 I rolled them by hand to try and get them all the same size. For the most part they were except for a few giants.
I used edible stars on the mint ones, I spray painted the milk chocolate ones and I melted some white chocolate chips to make a "drizzle" but I couldn't get them to melt that well and it came out kind of thick.

I sampled one (or 4) for tonight and they're really good! I would definitly make these again. I would say over all they took maybe an hour. 1 package of oreos made just over 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment