Friday, April 20, 2012

Safari Serving Trays

My son's Safari birthday party is on Sunday. I've been planning it for a long time. I was at Hobby Lobby and saw these awesome leopard and zebra cloth/wood serving trays but they were $24 each. I kept wandering and found some plain wooden ones for way cheaper. So I decided since, the color scheme is blue, yellow and green  I would customize the plain ones to what I wanted. I painted them first, then glossed them with Mod Podge and finally lined them with scrapbook paper. I cut it down to size so it was snug but that I could remove it when I'm done because I'm going to use them on the dessert bar and then I can have 3 trays that I can line again for my next party.




1 comment:

  1. These turned out really awesome! I love the colors! How much was the final cost making them? Have you thought of making YouTube videos?

    ReplyDelete